Tom has 23 years of experience working with individuals, families and organizations in the Southeastern Wisconsin/ Northern Illinois area. He is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker [LCSW], Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist [LMFT], a Certified Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor [CRADC], and a Licensed Moral Theologian [STL]. His career accomplishments include:
1990-2000 Established an inpatient adolescent mental health treatment unit at Trinity Hospital in South Milwaukee, WI providing relational and mental health treatment services. This hospital was purchased by the Aurora Health Care System in 1994 and became what is currently St. Luke’s South Shore Hospital. From 1994 to 2000, he provided adult chemical dependency services and geriatric/adult mental health services on the expanded inpatient unit.
2000-2008 Was hired by the Columbia-St. Mary’s Ascension Health System in Milwaukee WI and provided outpatient relational/mental health treatment services. In 2002, he designed and initiated adult intensive outpatient addiction treatment services in this health network, which continues to serve the treatment needs of families in the eastern and northern metro-Milwaukee area.
2008-2012 Transitioned to Rockford, Illinois and was hired by KP Counseling, Inc. At the agency’s Mulford Road location, he provided outpatient mental health and relational treatment services. Tom was the founder, lead clinician and Director of the SOLIS Adult Addiction Recovery Program in this agency.
Tom specializes in the Individual, Couple & Group Clinical Treatment of Individuals ages ten (10) and up in the areas of:
- Addiction and Compulsive Behaviors
- Relational and Family Dynamics
- Mood Disorders: Depression and Anxiety Management
- Anger Management and Oppositional Behavior
- Attention Deficit – Hyperactivity Disorder
- Communication Enhancement
- Parent Effectiveness Training
- Complications Arising from Religious/Faith Challenges
- Conflict Resolutions Skill Development
- Narcissism: It’s Nature, Impact and Aftermath
- Undergraduate work at Marquette University, Milwaukee in Psychology, Philosophy and Theology [BA conferred].
- Graduate work at the University of WI – Milwaukee in the area of Social Work [MSW conferred].
- Post-graduate work at the Gregorian University and Academia Alphonsiana in Rome, Italy [STL conferred].
- Post-graduate training in Marriage and Family Therapy at the Family Therapy Training Institute, Milwaukee WI.
Tom has two boys (ages 17 and 13) and two step-children, a stepson (15) and a stepdaughter (10). Tom enjoys spending time with his family and black Lab, Charlie, engaging home projects, playing trumpet and piano, and staying active by cycling and running.
Join Our Mailing List
Stay current on the initiatives of Restore Counseling & Recovery! Please complete and submit your contact information using the secure form below. Information will not be shared with third-parties.